Home Featured Privacy Policy Sponsor About LE MINIMALIST

TEN MINUTE DIY: FOIL YOUR FRIENDS - GOLD FOIL HAIR HOW TO

Tuesday, February 26, 2013


HOW TO - GOLD FOIL HAIR
It doesn't take much to amuse me. If it sparkles, I'm all up on it. My last Ten Minute DIY: Sparkle Keys is a manifestation of my glitter obsession. Not to mention the fact I own nearly all of Martha Stewart's loose glitter collection. I'd eat the stuff if it was edible. I'm starting to sound crazy...

 Next to my love of glitter, comes gold. Now. Let me just dust off my best Dutch accent for you. -- I LOVE GOOOOLD! Hope you caught the reference. Now, moving on:

+++
Tools/Products:
1. Sponge Brush
2. Hair gel & hair spray
3. Tweezers
4. Small comb
5.  Gold leaf foil - DO NOT USE GOLD LEAF PAINT
6. A friend who is willing and can be paid in beer. 

+++
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Slick back hair to create flat surface. I used styling gel and a small comb then waited for it to dry a bit so that the hair was sticky - not wet.

2.  Have the mini foil pieces all laid out so they are easy to pick up with tweezers and apply.

3. Pick each piece up with the tweezers, and using either the flat spongy side (make sure it's dry!) or the rounded wooden end of the sponge brush - push foils lightly onto hair until they appear secure then spray each foil chunk with a light misting of hair spray.

4. I know that sounds easy, but getting these little buggers to stick can be difficult if you're not using the right consistency of styling gel - which is all the more reason you'll need to hair spray the living crap out of your hair after they are all in place. 



Katy was such a good sport. I helped her style a shoot this past week and had a great time playing around with my gold foils. You can find Katy's blog here and her art here




Photo via Steve Harman

No comments:

Post a Comment